Friday, July 6, 2012

jenkins nested views not displaying with read permissions after upgrade

Today I upgraded Jenkins from 1.444 version to 1.470 and to my surprise it was not showing any nested views for anonymous users. It was showing only the default 'All' view. But if we login to jenkins, then it shows all nested views.
When I googled I found this relevant link https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-13429
As suggested I had already had Jenkins version > 1.459, Nested View Plugin 1.8. But I didn't had Role-based Authorization Strategy. Even I added this plugin to my jenkins.

Then I realized that this issue can fixed without adding Role based Authorization Strategy.
We are already using 'Project-based Matrix Authorization Strategy' and migrating to Role based authorization will be some additional tasks, which I didn't wanted to do.

Anyways the solution is enable 'Anonymous' account 'Read' 'View' in 'Project-based Matrix Authorization Strategy'

Here is the detailed way of doing it

Login to Jenkins -> Manage Jenkins -> Configure System -> Access Control -> Authorization -> Project-based Matrix Authorization Strategy
For Anonymous user -> View section -> Click 'Read'





1 comment:

Bloom said...

Clothing Shoes & Accessories. the digital domain) to a standalone digital recorder or to a software based recorder on the same computer that hosts the remote control software. MP9 MP10 DVR Recorder. Roland R-26 Portable Audio Recorder.