I downloaded Perforce commons OVA file commons.ova and when I tried to deploy it on VMWare ESX server, it failed with the error
Error: OVF Package is not supported by target: - Line 25: Unsupported hardware family 'virtualbox-2.2'.
Here the issue is with the commons.ovf file inside commons.ova . It defined virtual system type as virtualbox-2.2, which is a Oracle Open source virtualization product. Hence VMWare doesn't understand it.
We need to change it from virtualbox-2.2 to vmx-04 a VMWare format in that file.
Here are the steps to modify .ovf file inside .ova on linux system
- Copy .ova file (commons.ova) to a Linux system
- Extract ova file using tar utility
tar xvf commons.ova
Now you will get the following files
- Edit the .ovf file (commons.ovf) and do following changes
1) Replace virtualbox-2.2 with vmx-04
2) To fix the error Line 66: OVF hardware element 'ResourceType' with instance ID '5': No support for the virtual hardware device type '2
changed this item:
- Convert ovf back to ova again. You should have installed 'ovftool' utility on your machine
ovftool commons.ovf commons.ova
Deploy it on your ESX server now. There shouldn't be any issue.